Monday, December 8, 2008

Racial profiling starts young.

Look at what I find on the net.
A new addition to the Lego family.

I sincerely hope this is a scam.




Can you friggin' believe this?
With optional headdress, that too!
[Remember, they had to knock off Mr. Golly a few years ago.]
Now just tell me what kids are going to name this character.

Children can be cruel.
A friend told me that kids were already playing 'NSG and terrorists' in his apartment.
Guess which are the kids that will be forced to become the terrorists in school.
[Remember Hashim Amla being referred to as 'terrorist' by Dean Jones?]

I feel rotten.
Everyone keeps saying this:
That we should not blame the community for the actions of a few.
I believe in that.
And I try.

But, honestly.
When the first news of the Mumbai attacks came in, what was the reaction?
Before the evidence started trickling in, ie.
'There go the Pakis.'
Which we equate with terrorism. And with Islam.

It's sad. And it gets worse.
There's a section that asserts they are patriotic and do not need to wear India on their sleeve.
While a new set claims that these are uncertain times and it's better to display your patriotism.
I am with the latter.
These are sad, uncertain times.

2 comments:

  1. I am shocked..where did you find this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Morpheus, I wanted to put this down before someone asked.
    Lego's not at fault.
    It's some other joker who created these.
    People kept referring to them as 'Lego Terrorist'.
    And the name stuck.
    From what I know, Lego's clarified.
    But shocking, yes.

    ReplyDelete